The importance of multiple technologies. No one air purification technology removes every kind of common indoor air pollutant. With the assortment of technologies available in the XJ-3000C, there is always at least one method effective at removing every important airborne pollutant.
· Preserves the life of the other filters. The pre-filter captures the larger particles, allowing more pores to remain available in the activated carbon and HEPA air filters for the harder-to-remove pollutants.
· Destroys bacteria so they don't reproduce and recirculate into the air.
· Captures and neutralizes ambient chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke, which the HEPA filter cannot capture.
· Removes 99.97% of particles (down to .3 microns in size) that pass through the filter. Once in the filter they dont recirculate into the air. The HEPA filter is considered the most effective type of air filter for solid particles, such as allergens.
· Captures a high volume of floating dust and other particles. It captures the ionized particles that would otherwise just settle to the ground if a typical ionizer were used. (Most ionizers dont come with a HEPA filter.)
· Destroys micro-organisms. UV (ultraviolet) light is scientifically proven to destroy a large variety of contaminants, including disease-causing viruses, bacteria and fungi (including mold). Ultraviolet light air purification has been used for years by the medical field (including hospitals) to sanitize rooms and equipment, in order to prevent the spread of illness and disease.
· Powerful odor eliminator eliminates odors even the Carbon filter can’t get rid of. Since most other air purification methods don’t eliminate odor, the Ozone Option is an important component.
· Ozone is a powerful disinfectant at close range. In this way the Ozone Option functions as the sanitizer of the filtration system, preventing microbes trapped in the filter from reproducing.
· The ozone can be completely disabled if it is not needed or wanted, while still allowing the ionizer and filters to run at full power.
· Ionization removes the ultra-fine particles (as low as .01 microns) that a filter cannot capture, such as smoke, viruses, and chemical fumes. Efficiently removes particulate from the air, such as mold, dust mites, bacteria, and other allergens.
· It causes smaller particles to electrically attract to each other, resulting in larger particles. This increases the effectiveness of the HEPA and activated carbon filter system, because larger particles are easier for the filter to capture.
· Sterilizes viruses and bacteria trapped in the filtration system so that they cannot reproduce as they do in the typical filter.
· Circulates air-cleaning negative ions throughout the room. The New-Aire XJ-3000C's fan distributes ions into areas where the filters are too far away to have an effect.